The Association “Officina dell’Arte – APS” presents the ninth edition of CON.DIVISIONE, a residency for artists in Mola di Bari, curated by Fabio Caccuri and Giuseppe Pascucci.
From 23 August to 8 September 2020 artists from different backgrounds will be guests of this event, working together in the area. Since its first edition, CON.DIVISIONE has created a meeting place where different personalities can work and share artistic experiences in a collective free environment.
The residence is designed to create a concrete space in which different artists can develop new personal projects while simultaneously interacting with other disciplines, encouraging everyone’s freedom of thought and action from a standpoint which constantly reconsiders the present in a critical and constructive way.
Over the years CON.DIVISIONE has developed a collective space where practices of cultural production, free learning and mutual exchange of skills are formalised in a collective exhibition inside the Angevin Castle in Mola di Bari.
This year, in compliance with regulations aimed at preventing the spread of Covid-19, the residency has been transformed into an exercise cataloguing the work done during previous editions through a digital reworking of the historical archive of works produced since 2012, visible on the CON.DIVISIONE website.
The visual identity of the 2020 edition was also created by only using the available archival material: what already exists has generated new content and new scenarios. A moment of collective reorganisation necessary in this post-pandemic period, which redirects attention to the theme of authorship, offering new reflections in the field of artistic and cultural production and generating new parameters of experimentation and planning.
The programme also includes two public events in the courtyard of the Angevin Castle:
On Thursday, 3 September, from 20:30 there will be a meeting on the theme of “Post-Emergency Cultural Production” in which the term ’emergency’ will be broadly understood, nevertheless starting with the latest events concerning the pandemic. For the occasion, various organisations active in Puglia will participate, confronting each other’s past and present experiences, as well as sharing methods and tools for a reorganisation of the future.
The following organisations will take part:
- AUT – Anomalie Urbane in Transito (Urban Anomalies in Transit)
- Bari International Gender Film Festival
- The Open Source School
The discussion will be moderated by Federico Nejrotti, expert in communication strategy for the agency cheFare and the event will end with a Live Coding performance by Nicola Pisanti.
On Friday 4 September at 20:30, CON.DIVISIONE will premiere three interdisciplinary works:
- Talking Place, a documentary project by Maria Alba and Graziana Saccente, filmed in Lecco during the lockdown period, with the aim of providing a fragmented perspective of a town square which, during the pandemic, changes its character as a place of identity dedicated to social interaction and transforms into a space emptied of meaning that powerfully becomes part of individual daily life.
- D.U.M., Distanti Unita Ma, an experimental music album conceived at the beginning of 2020 and made during the lockdown period by the Duo Della Madonnina DUO (Giovanni Cristino and Giuseppe Pascucci). The duo focuses on experimenting with and manipulating sounds from the Mameli national anthem, popular on Italian balconies during the first weeks of quarantine.
- Eterotopia La Maddalena, a documentary by Ivo Pisanti recounting the experience of the research laboratory on the Sardinian archipelago, organised by the Eterotopia collective.
This project will be presented as an Italian preview with the film director in attendance and introduced by Carlotta Franco from the Eterotopia collective.
images: (cover 1) con.divisione2020 – Official poster; (2) MY OWN ECHO CHAMBER – Georgia Begbie & Peter Hinz, 2019 (3); CR8 – Vito Battista & Giovanni Cristino, 2019; (4) SURROUND DUEPUNTOUNO – Michele Ciccimarra & Peter Hinz, 2019; (5) PUNTI DI FUGA – Cristian Rizzuti, 2019; (6) SENSO SEGNO – Maria Susca & Bianca Maria Fasiolo, 2016.