PREMIO TERNA 01 • 2008
«Premio Terna 01. Transmitting energy, a contemporary metaphor. », 2008
curated by Gianluca Marziani and Francesco Cascino.
The theme of the first edition was inspired by the values and activities of Terna which manages, 24 hours a day, the national transmission of electricity, ensuring the country’s energy requirements.
Jury chaired by Luigi Roth and Flavio Cattaneo and composed of: Alberto Alessi, Davide Blei, Silvia Evangelisti, Giovanni Giuliani, Gianfranco Maraniello, Cristiana Perrella, Thaddaeus Ropac, Paolo Sorrentino, Beatrice Trussardi, Julian Zugazagoitia.
Honorary Committee: Sandro Bondi (President), Domenico De Masi, Massimiliano Fuksas, Emma Marcegaglia, Fernanda Pivano.
The Terna Prize 01 was implemented under the Patronage of: Ministry of Heritage and Cultural Activities, Ministry of Economic Development, Ministry of Youth, Municipality of Rome, Province of Rome. The Terna Prize received the Medal from the President of the Republic.
Exhibitions: Palazzo delle Esposizioni (Rome, 2008); Chelsea Museum (New York, 2009), implemented within the scope of Connectivity, an internationalization project of the Terna Prize created with the support of the Ministry of Heritage and Cultural Activities and in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• Luigi Ontani (Terawatt prize winner)
• Andrea Chiesi (first place – Megawatt category)
• Laura Cantarella (second place – Megawatt category)
• Rocco Dubbini (third place – Megawatt category)
• Francesco Arena (first place – Gigawatt category)
• Giovanni Ozzola (second place – Gigawatt category)
• Elena Baldelli (third place – Gigawatt category)
• Gian Maria Tosatti (On-line prize).