PREMIO TERNA 02 • 2009
Premio Terna 02. « Energy : Mankind = Future : Environment. A proportion for new aesthetics», 2009
curated by Cristiana Collu and Gianluca Marziani
The theme the artists were invited to express themselves on is ‘Energy : Mankind = Future : Environment. A proportion for new aesthetics’, concepts that guide Terna in defining development strategies of its activities with a view to eco-sustainability. The Terna Prize 02 started from this proportion to create a new paradigm to interpret the contemporary world. The objective was to draw attention to the new challenges posed by the future, to topics of current interest as well as to sustainability issues in the awareness that in our time no design philosophy or paradigm can any longer ignore the necessity of an harmonious sustainable development guided to meet the needs of the Planet. In Economics as in Aesthetics. In Energy Management as in Art.
Jury chaired by Luigi Roth and Flavio Cattaneo and composed of: Massimiliano Fuksas, Matthew Higgs, Luigi Ontani, Giuseppe Piccioni, Marco Senaldi, Patrizia Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Vicente Todolì. Comitee of Honour: Sandro Bondi (President), Giulio Anselmi, Domenico De Masi, Massimo Di Carlo, Giuseppe Guazzetti, Carlo Malinconico Castriota Scaderbeg, Carlo Sangalli. Art Dealers’ Committee, with the collaboration of ANGAMC – National Association of Galleries of Modern and Contemporary Art, coordinated by Francesco Cascino: Galleria Oredaria Arti Contemporanee (Marina Covi Celli), Roma; Galleria Curti and Gambuzzi (Paolo Curti and Anna Maria Gambuzzi), Milano; Galleria Alberto Peola (Alberto Peola) Torino; Studio la Città (Hélène de Fanchis), Verona; Studio Trisorio (Laura Trisorio).
The Terna Prize 02 was implemented under the Patronage of: Ministry of Heritage and Cultural Activities ; Ministry of Foreign Affairs ; Ministry of Economic Development; Ministry of Youth ; Presidency of the Council of Ministers – Information and Publishing Department; Lazio Region, Province of Rome; Municipality of Rome. The Terna Prize received the Medal of the President of the Republic and the inaugural message of the President of the Council of Ministers.
Exhibitions: Tempio di Adriano (December 2009 – January 2010) and SUPEC – Urban Planning Exhibition Center, Shanghai (June – July 2010). The exhibition was implemented in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Garuzzo Institute for the Visual Arts (GAV) and the Italian Institute of Culture in Shanghai.
• Alberto Garutti (first place – Terawatt category)
• Stefano Cagol (first place – Megawatt category)
• Andrea Aquilanti (second place – Megawatt category)
• Emanuele Becheri (third place – Megawatt category)
• Simone Bergantini (first place – Gigawatt category)
• Stefano Canto (second place – Gigawatt category)
• Alia Scalvini (third place – Gigawatt category)
• Giulio Delvé (Gallery Owners Special Prize)
• Mauro Folci (Gallery Owners Special Prize)
• Michele Manzini (On-line Prize Winner)
• Dino Pedriali (Special Prize of the Jury – Terawatt category)
• Francesco Simeti (first place – Connectivity category)
• Isola and Norzi (second place – Connectivity category)
• Meena Hasan (third place – Connectivity category)